6th Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K/2K
We hope that you will join us for the 6th Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K on Saturday, October 5, 2019. This is a wonderful way for POTS families to get together and share stories as we raise money for POTS research! Since 2017, we have awarded $60,150 in research funds to POTS research teams in the United States, Canada, Germany, and Sweden. We hope to raise $20,000 in this event - enough to fund another research grant! Much of our fundraising for these grants happens at this annual event right here in Springfield, Ohio. We hope that you will come out to join us in person, donate through this page, or become a sponsor for this event. There are no paychecks at Standing Up to POTS, so 100% of the money raised will go into the Standing Up to POTS Research Fund.
- Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. with registration beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Start and finish in front of Wittenberg’s Student Center, 734 Woodlawn Avenue, Springfield, OH 45501
- Strollers and wheelchairs welcome
- Dogs are welcome as long as they are comfortable in crowds and around other animals
- Rain or shine. Come prepared for the weather!
Registration for the 5K Walk/Run
- Make checks payable to Standing Up to POTS (No refunds - $25 for returned checks)
- Mail checks to Standing Up to POTS, 1994 Ballentine Pike, Springfield, OH 45502
We will be offering two race lengths.
- If you want to compete for a medal or plaque, complete the full 5K route. Be sure that you get a chip to attach to your shoe for proper timing when you check-in. Map for the competitive 5K.
- We are also offering a non-competitive shorter route that is approximately 2K. Map for the shorter 2K route.
Preregistration by September 23 (t-shirt included):
- Adults age 23 and over $25
- Students age 22 and under $10
- Children 5 and under are free (no shirt)
Registration after September 23 (t-shirt not guaranteed):
- Adults $30
- Students $15
- Trophies to the overall top three male and female runners
- Medals for the top three male and female runners in each category
- Race results will be posted at www.cantstoprunning.com & racesignup.com
We hope that you will stand with us by donating to Standing Up to POTS. This is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation that is run by the dedication of our volunteers. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for people with POTS through research, advocacy, and support. All donations will go directly to the Standing Up to POTS Research Fund. We are proud of our initiatives that have been launched recently to benefit the POTS community. Our IRS Employer Identification Number is 47-4805498.